Thank you to everyone who has expressed interest in volunteering at Aki Kurose. There are many opportunities to volunteer at Aki, from involvement with PTSA or FEAT , to helping out in a classroom , the front office , or on field trips .
Parent leaders to help with outreach to their affinity groups
Classroom helpers in math
Apply to Volunteer:
The Seattle School District requires all volunteers to complete a few steps before they start volunteering. In fall 2018 the district moved the application process online. Please find all forms and online training at seattleschools.org/volunteer.
If necessary, we can help you with all of these steps at Aki Kurose.
- Complete the Seattle School district volunteer application online (required every year)
- Pass a criminal background check, which requires filling out a criminal background check (WATCH screening for state of WA) form, and providing a photocopy of your ID. Pass a national background check if you have lived in Washington State less than 3 years (this requires a fee payment directly to the vendor);
- Read the Seattle School district volunteer handbook (required every year);
- Complete a brief online course on Adult Sexual Misconduct (ASM) Prevention online. You can do this at home, and then email the confirmation to provide proof that you’ve completed the online training. If needed, you can make an appointment to come to Aki and use a computer here. (required once only, not every year)
- Read SPS Volunteer Policy No. 5630
Please allow time for your application to be processed before you begin volunteering. We cannot approve applications the same day they are received. Please ensure you indicate “Aki Kurose” on your online application, or the system will not send your application to us.
Whenever you come to school to volunteer, please stop by the front office, sign in at the front counter, and pick up a visitor sticker or badge to wear while you’re at school.