PTSA and FEAT
Parent Teacher Student Association – PTSA and Family Engagement Action Team – FEAT
Families make a huge difference in the education of their children . At Aki Kurose Middle School parents can have a positive and very direct effect on the entire educational environment. Aki parents are committed and involved. They work hand-in-hand with administrators, teachers, and student leaders to create programs, support curriculum and provide unique educational opportunities for all of our students. PTSA also works to build community and develop partnerships between our students’ families and the school.
PTSA is a family-run non-profit organization that supports the school. Everyone is welcome! Please join us in supporting Aki Students. PTSA works to build community and develop partnerships between our students’ families and the school.
PTSA Meetings are held the 4th Tuesday of each month at 6:00 p.m., except December when there is no meeting.
Learn more and get in touch directly with the Aki PTSA:
2019-20 officers: (contact all officers by sending an email message to email@example.com)
- President: Maria Jacob
- Vice President: Lucia Levias
- Secretary: Kathy Lynch
- Treasurer: Christine King
Goals of PTSA re-confirmed at 09/24/2019 meeting:
- Support students? academic success,
- Show students we believe in them,
- Public relations: change the conversation about our school and our kids!
- Have real conversations about race and racism,
- Teacher appreciation,
- Supported Aki students through field trips, learning experiences, the Crane Cash store, and end-of-year celebrations for each grade level,
- Helped coordinate and support a Read-a-thon,
- Supported a busy fun and exciting teacher appreciation week with coffee and a potluck style lunch proudly representing many food traditions of Aki,
- Supported staff and parents in participating in school-based workshops.
Aki Kurose PTSA is a member of the State and National PTA organization. Visit www.pta.org to find great opportunities and fantastic discounts for PTA members. Join at the national level as well and receive even more benefits.
Aki’s PTA membership ID# is 01600635
FEAT (Family Engagement Action Team)
Aki’s Family Engagement Action Team works to generate ideas to connect family events to academic learning and to evaluate our family engagement efforts. To get involved with FEAT please contact the main office at 206-252-7700.