Family Communication: Start of School Forms
Posted: | Updated:
Welcome Back Aki Peace Cranes!
We are VERY excited to greet students in person on Wednesday, September 1. We will work patiently together to ensure a safe start to the new school year. Be sure to keep your student home if they have a known exposure to someone with COVID-19 or symptoms not caused by another condition.
Arrival and Pickup information was emailed yesterday and posted on our school website: https://kurosems.seattleschools.org/news/frequently-asked-questions-faqs/
School schedules will be available for students when they arrive on the first day of school. For our 6th graders and new students—don’t worry! We’ll walk you through all the information you need about getting to different classes and having a great start to your middle school experience! We’re all in this together.
Back to School Packets
Back to school packets are more important than ever this year. We need to be able to contact you quickly as we work to keep your children safe! Take time this week to review and complete the forms** relevant to your student(s). (Red letter directions are on the top of each form). **You will need to login with student email address and password.
>>> SAVE the documents with your child’s first and last name in the title and return it to email@example.com.
For language-specific forms, please see the district website here: https://www.seattleschools.org/news/start-of-school-forms/
Here is a checklist of the items that we need you to return:
- Family Needs Assessment Survey – FOR ALL STUDENTS TO FILL OUT https://bit.ly/3jaPvd7
- Free and Reduced Lunch Application – FOR ALL STUDENTS TO FILL OUT
- Emergency Information and Student Release Form – FOR ALL STUDENTS TO FILL OUT
- Annual Student Health Information Update – FOR ALL STUDENTS TO FILL OUT
- Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) – FOR ALL STUDENTS TO FILL OUT
- McKinney-Vento (MKV) Program – If you are experiencing housing instability
- Survey to Identify Disabled Students – If the student has a disability
- Indian Student Eligibility Certification Form – If student has tribal membership
- Student 1:1 Laptop Device Agreement – FOR ALL STUDENTS TO FILL OUT
1:1 Student Devices
Student laptops will be issued to all students this year, during Advisory on the first day of school. A parent agreement MUST be filled out prior to the student being issued a device. The agreement is included in the Start of School Forms.
Backpacks with school supplies were available for every student to pick up at our Open House Meet and Greets last week. If you were unable to make it, you can email Ms. Mitra and make plan for pick up: Mitra@cisseattle.org
School lunches and breakfast will be free to all students, district-wide. To protect and inform this resource for all, families should complete the free and reduced lunch application (Link also included in Start of School Forms)
Student Needs Assessment Form
Please complete the Family Needs Assessment to request information throughout the year. This is how you sign up for resources like food, clothing, and holiday assistance. This is also where you sign up for the PTSA and other family engagement groups. https://bit.ly/3jaPvd7 (Link also included in Start of School forms)
See you tomorrow, Peace Cranes!!
Aki Kurose Staff