After School Programs
Posted: | Updated:
Aki Kurose Programs
**All 2nd semester programs are currently full.**
Here is some general information for your planning purposes.
- Programs will run March 7 – May 12th, with no programs on 3/23 and 3/24
- Space will be limited
- All Programs are FREE
- Programs run Monday – Thursday
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday will run 3:50-5:00pm
- Wednesday will run 2:30-4:00pm
- Daily snacks are provided
- Transportation is available daily – after school buses depart at 5:10pm on Mon/Tues/Thurs, and 4:10pm on Wednesdays
For more information, please contact Mr. Browne at email@example.com
- COOKING: Program will provide students a hands-on experience of cooking basics. Each day students will explore recipes and learn how to prep various foods. Students will be able to eat their food during each class.
- GAMERS CLUB: Enjoy PS3, XBOX 360 and Nintendo Wii..? Come play in some cool tournaments and explore the world of gaming.
- ART CLUB: Come explore clay, tie dye, painting and more with the Aki Art Club on Monday’s after school! We will create clay pots and tiles, tie dye clothes, paint on canvas and much more. Ms. Wayment, the Aki art teacher, will be leading this club. All are welcome!
- KINDNESS ALLIANCE: To engage young people in creating a more vibrant and accepting environment for all students inclusive of race, color, appearance, gender, gender expression, and/or romantic orientation…. This is intended to be a safe space for all.
- JOURNALISM: Help us turn up the volume on student voice at Aki by starting a school newspaper! We will seek truth and report it! The skills you learn in Journalism can lead to exciting careers in reporting for a newspaper, magazine or news website, editorial (opinion) writing, feature writing, sports writing, photography, broadcasting, graphic design, illustration and more!
- THEATRE: Listen, tell, and create stories! Explore a world of play through theatre and improv games. Build and belong to a safe, creative community through shared rituals of giving and receiving, acknowledging, honoring, and respecting.
- FILIPINO CLUB: The activities of the Filipino Club will educate the participants about Filipino cultures, values and traditions. It is also a way to explore the diverse Filipino culture while having a fun time.
- MBK/MSK/HU/POLYNESIAN CLUB: These 4 programs are designed to create a safe and interactive space for students to explore culture, discuss various topics, and be assigned a mentor that will help students set goals, check-in, and be an additional positive support for students. See detailed descriptions of after school programs.
- DUNGEONS AND DRAGONS: This club would involve collaborative storytelling and worldbuilding, fantasy character development, 3D model building and painting, digital tools such as Roll20 and D&D Beyond, practice with statistics and probability (polyhedral dice), and leadership opportunities as Dungeon Master.